Saturday, January 6, 2024

Good afternoon from my library! :)

 Good afternoon from my "office"-líbrary :)

The reading slump of the DECADE (2020's) has been continuing into 2024...

It started in February 2023, with my brain not being happy about concentrating on reading. I couldn't concentrate a lot. Then, I also had problems during the whole year which book to read and where to read plus which position. My back has been worse and my legs are hurting a lot and also my hips. SO. Imagine trying to choose the book, choose the place to read and choose to find which way you sit so the back doesn't get worse. I know, those shouldn't be problems. But yet, here I am, finding weird problems. :D 

This year one evening I listened to the entire (short) book by Jean-Dominique Bauby: The diving-bell and the butterfly. I know it almost by heart and I listen or read it almost always every year nowadays. It is SO good, sad and touching. Makes you think. Or: "Do a think" as I sometimes say/think and obviously also write, as I just did HAHHHAH! :D Excuse me, I am in a humorous mood... Yeah. Sunlight can do that. (The sun is shining here today...)

I am so happy with my ONE book read in 2024-acheivment so far hahhah. My goal is 84+ books in 2024. My goal is on Goodreads:

 goal for 2024

I love reading challenges as many of you know, if you like this blog. Even if you don't, I bet I have mentioned it plenty of times hahhah. I never ever manage to complete my more elaborate reading challemnges and it makes me sad, but each year at the end I realise, I couldn't have stuck to a certain TBR or such. So I forgive myself each year and try or change my tactics or something. :D This year will be no different, I think. I will just try to avoid many and long reading slumps. Wish me luck! :)

Here is another lovely challenge:

Helmet-reading challenge 2024 

IF I decided to take it on, I will post my TBR here :) 

I have also last year watched a lot more youtube than earlier and listened more to the radio. I also knitted a lot. Three scarves (the last one is almost done soon). I should have listened to more audibooks while knitting, maybe I should try that more this year... I love music, it is very important to me. I think I need new and better lists on Spotify to follow and listen to while reading. I can make a few new ones myself too. 

I have been out in the world a lot more last year. My new friends pulled me out of my coma... (Not a real coma, just my feelings of depression and anxiety etc). Music, youtube and knitting also pull me out of my mental slump of anxiety.

Good luck with all of your reading years! :)

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment