Friday, August 25, 2017

Anne with an E

Hi there!

Lately I have been re-reading the Anne of Green Gables- series. I've already made it to the fourth book: Anne of Winde Poplars. It is the one where Anne and Gilbert exchange letters while they are both working in different locations while waiting for each other. There had been some back and forth between them, Anne couldn't quite decide what she wants. Now they are engaged, finally! I have been waiting for this since book one. 😊

The thing I like about these books is the beautiful descriptions of the nature, the comedic adventures of both Anne and her friends. It's just such a beautiful series. The first time I read it, I was maybe 13... It left a lasting impression. I have been loving the series ever since.

Anne is such a whimsical, funny person. I always had a crush on Gilbert. I wanted red hair. My best friend in my childhood and I loved these books and wrote letters just like Anne and Diana.

More later!

1 comment:

  1. I love Anne! I think I've only read the first two books, but it's been SO LONG. Is the rest of the series as wonderful as the beginning?
    Have you watched the new series on Netflix? Called "Anne with an E," so your blog title reminded me of it! It's very good, but takes a fairly dark view of poor Anne's upbringing.

    ~Elley~
    https://elleyotter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete