Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Tome Topple Readathon and the BB's Epic Fall Readathon

Hi guys! :)

Soo... I'm so sorry I've been MIA for a while. I tried to read Christmas-themed books, or books with snow, winter etc. in them but I was in a huge reading slump. It was awful! :( I was so sure it wouldn't happen to me again, not this soon. When Dewey's Readathon happened, I was so happy and I finished two books! That's a lot for me. I need a lot of sleep and I'm a very slow reader... Well, from yesterday the 18th of November and two weeks forward, there are two of my Goodreads groups having a readathon :) The first one is Bookworm Bitches BB's Epic Fall Readathon 2016 and the second is the Tome Topple Readathon. Both started yesterday and both end on the 1st of December...

The Tome Topple is all about BIG books... You're encouraged to read thick books. So, a tome is a book that's over 500 pages... I'm currently reading a few tomes. First of all, I'm re-reading Les Miserables and a while ago I started All the light we cannot see. Then I plan to re-start The Lord of the Rings.

For the BB's Epic Fall Readathon 2016, one can read all kinds of books. I was thinking and planning to read a bit in a tome and then a little in another book, just to mixed it up a little. I have some new books! YaY!!! :) Books are my best friends, my love, my life <3 I'm going to post later pictures of my new books and my TBRs... :)

I've been in a reading slump many times in my life, sometimes for a very long time.

More later! Thanks for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. How fast do you have to be to participate in that one with the "brick stones"? I´m halfway in LoTR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to be fast. You can set up your own goals and just read as much and as slow or quick you want.

      Delete
  2. Or, yeah, what IS actually a readathon???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read-a-thon is a reading marathon. 😀 A period of time in which the person tries to read as much as possible, as fast or slow they want and just enjoy the books. Last readathon I finished 2 books in 3 days. I had only little over 100 pages left in each so I read about 300 pages only during the readathon. Some people read over a thousand pages... These two readathons are 2 weeks long... 😀

      Delete